- Food Industry (flavor enhancer, growth inhibitor, acidifier, antioxidant, emulsifier for beverages and others).
- Pharmaceutical, cosmetics and personal care industry (anticoagulant, moisturizer, emollient, effervescent and others).
Bioprocess for the production of citric acid using filamentous fungi strains selected from the Brazilian biodiversity. The raw material used is glycerin (crude glycerol), a co-product from the biodiesel industry. However, other raw materials can also be used in the citric acid production process.
- Value addition to the biodiesel chain.
- Simple adjustments in existing industrial facilities to use this strain in the production of citric acid.
- Alternative process and raw material for citric acid production.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Codevelop | Research with us this technology.
- Incubate | Make this technology the basis of your incubated company.
Thank you for your interest in our research.
For more information, please contact our team and ask your questions through our Citizen Service Center, by clicking here.
Don’t forget to indicate in the message which technology you want to know more about.