- Companies in the processing sector – agro-industry.
Alkaline pretreatment process followed by enzymatic hydrolysis for release of glucose from malt bagasse. The alkaline pretreatment promotes biomass delignification, exposing the cellulose fibers, making them accessible to enzymatic action. A maximum conversion of cellulose into glucose (74%) was achieved when sodium hydroxide was used at a concentration of 4% (w/v).
- Obtaining cellulose with a high degree of purity.
- Possibility of using residues from the brewing industry.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Codevelop | Research with us this technology.
- Incubate | Make this technology the basis of your incubated company.
Thank you for your interest in our research.
For more information, please contact our team and ask your questions through our Citizen Service Center, by clicking here.
Don’t forget to indicate in the message which technology you want to know more about.